Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tagged!

Its finally happened - I am trying to get to the Meme's I have been tagged with.
So I chose one to start with that "looks" easy hehe.
I was tagged by Kathryn for this simple one.

Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

So here goes:

1. I am addicted to spinning - yeah I bet you had no idea! Fiber is like a drug to me - I have to feel it, pet it, play with it, spin with it. Oh heck I would love to just roll in it some days. Beautiful fibers call me to buy them and this is not always a good thing. ( looks at her stash and realizes Yarn Wench just updated.....)

2. I love reading. When I was young - I was well known for this - reading the entire Walter Farley (The Black Stallion series) and Marguerite Henry(Misty of Chincoteague) series over and over. I also loved the Laura Ingles Wilder book series too. (however the tv series disapointed me alot as it did not follow the books) As I have gotten older I seem to be a bit of a frustrated reader, I enjoy series - but wish that the new books would come out faster LOL. I am enjoying reading Monica Ferris, The Yarn Harlot, and Maggie Sefton at the moment.

3. Secretly I am a farm gal at heart. I enjoy learning about farming and wish I had one. Somehow despite having lived in several places, I have never had enough room to have a decent sized garden. Case in Point- at the moment the yard part of home now has a 15X15 block of what could be green space. Unfortunatly with 3 dogs, and kids - there is not enough really left for a good garden - but I still try! So I am a frustrated farmer of sorts. I would be happy tucked away on a farm most of the time, allowed to play in the dirt and do things myself. I guess this is why I like to home can and make most of my food here. I feel like I accomplish something good. Besides - who doesn't like to see a whole table filled with freshly canned jars of jam or tomatoes? Makes me feel good that I know what my family is eating. And Fresh bread---- nothing is better than a fresh loaf straight from the oven!

4. In my previous life - in BF time (that is before Fiber) I was an Occupational Therapy Assistant and an EMT. Amazing huh? So I understand most medical jargon. I enjoyed working with people, but things change. What drew me into OT is not really practiced any more. Originally it was a way of teaching movement through crafts, but alas with Insurance companies deciding what to pay for and what not - well its more like PT now. Its still diffrent - don't get me wrong, but Not what I really enjoyed. In some cases - the hospital or Therapy dept is divided by - upper extremities - is OT's area, and lower extremities - PT's area of focus. Add to it there is not many jobs in the field in this area, and it has forced me to find another field. Have I mentioned fiber yet?

5. I love snow. Yep amazing huh? Snow makes me happy. I love to sit inside, with a hot steaming cup of tea, a spinning wheel, and a fire and watch the snow come down. Now mind you - I totally dislike ICE. It is not nice nor is it fun. Snow can be shoveled, plowed and broomed away. Ice must be chipped - not fun.

So there are the things I came up with for this MeMe.

Now who to give it to......
Well I will be good and NOT give it to Opal - as she has been hit with them several times and is running out of things to share, so she says.
So here goes:
1. Betty - a fellow fiber person who has cute goats!
2. Lisa- a great gal who has cool designs and cooks too!
3. Marion - a gal who is good at trying all sorts of craft projects - including Spinning!
4. Dorothy - just look at the lace she is working on.
5. Aim - a newbie spinner and great knitter who has a beautiful dog!

So there is one done. Now to do another one maybe in a day or so.

3 comments:

Aim said...

Oh, those are interesting facts! And you and I are so alike :) Thanks for the tag, I'll work on it this weekend!

Opal said...

Do you do container gardens? You could come on over and help me with mine. :) And thanks for not tagging me!

MystickLobo said...

Those are some neat facts and we do share a lot in common. I tagged you back.